Movie Moron
July 29, 2014, 04:40:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Having problems joining the forum? E-mail the webmaster using the address here.

Website   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Top 10 American Football Movies?  (Read 45757 times)
Mahmoud El-Azzeh

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2007, 07:42:32 PM »

There's only one sport I love as much as football and that's the sport that has relegated the first sport to being called "soccer" in its native country. I'm talking about American Football. There's been many over the years and it's fair to say that the exposure of said films in our ol' Blighty is close to zero. So, as a connoisseur of such films, here's your chance to nominate your favourite gridiron film if not recommend some. I suggest:

- Friday Night Lights (excellent TV show if you can get it too)
- Gridiron Gang
- Remember The Titans

John Madden: "Now that's what I call a tight-end Al!"

Tiger
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 01:28:52 PM »

Remember the Titans is a fantastic film, Denzel always rocks my socks! 
It was clear to me from her small role in this film that Hayden Panettierre, now of Heroes fame, was going to be a huge star, check out her performance here, she had movie-star written all over her!

One other which stands out for me is the original version of The Longest Yard (1974) starring Burt Reynolds.  And here's a tip for anyone who has seen the remake and not the original - Do NOT let Reynolds know this!

Unlike in the original film, he now has his trademark 'tache - The theory that his impressive 'tache gives him extra slapping power is so far unconfirmed.

Mahmoud El-Azzeh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 05:23:20 PM »

Has anyone seen We Are Marshall incidentally???
Oldwell

Site Technician

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 04:38:31 AM »

What about.. Any Given Sunday ?

I also love, Remember the Titans, tis great.

To be fair, I even had a soft spot for Invincible, but then I'm a sucker for most American Football films.

Really want to see the Friday Night Lights series, heard some good things about it.
DTPINLP

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 11:53:59 PM »

You can't forget Rudy.
-Sean Astin in one of his best roles
-A true underdog story
-some of the most inspiring monologues
-realistic football action
-an overall satisfying story of an American pasttime
Mahmoud El-Azzeh

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 04:58:10 PM »

Yes, I've just seen Rudy and its a very good film. Shame that anyone who lives in the UK will never see it (no Region 2 DVD) and will never be broadcast here either! Look out for my new Top 10 SuperBowl Hangover Movies coming very soon, much more in-depth than this article, i promise!
The Movie Whore

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 12:18:02 PM »

Say what you want but The Replacements and Necessary Roughness were entertaining.  Horrible but entertaining. 

A life wasted on, I mean devoted to film.
Mahmoud El-Azzeh

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 03:52:39 AM »

I've seen the Replacement actually and remember being "okay". I mean, Rhys Ifans was good, Jon Favreau was good, the sumo wrestler was good, that dude who can't catch the ball was good, but perhaps if they cast someone instead of Keanu Reeves who hasn't been funny since Bill and Ted (which even then, I'm not sure if it was intentional or not) then the film might have been more memorable...

Have you seen The Game Plan Mr. Movie Whore?
The Movie Whore

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 04:28:50 AM »

I have been avoiding it actually.  But I know I will get around to it sooner or later. 

A life wasted on, I mean devoted to film.
Stephen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 10:45:29 AM »

Little Giants is a good family football movie.

Check out my youtube account at www.youtube.com/ReelMovieAirbags and maybe subscribe:)
Tom

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 02:50:54 AM »

You lot might be able to answer a question for me, not strictly film, but are there any good nfl dvds of recent seasons or superbowls on a region 2 code? thanks
Robert King AKA FrostedPeggs

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, 12:43:13 AM »

Remember the Titans is a great one. I also liked Invincable. And Friday Night Lights was good too. The series is good but you need to watch from the first episode it's much better that way. But What about Brian's Song(1971), now that was a good one and also Radio. Can't forget these more touching movies they play a big role in influencing a more story based sports movie rather than an Oh My God are they gonna win? (well duh it's about them movie) If you know what I'm saying. Oh and how could I forget one of the funniest and best of all Varsity Blues!

Rob King AKA FrostedPeggs
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: